Sellers can speed their home inspection by following these suggestions. The inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing. Sellers Preparation for Inspection
- Make sure all utilities are on ( water electricity, and gas ) and pilots are lit on waterheater,furnace , boilers etc.
- If pets are in the home, make sure they wont slow things down. The best practice is to have them outdoors, or at a friends home. Do tell the agent if you have pets in the home.
- A burned out bulb will give the appearance of an electrical problem, make sure to replace any dead bulbs.
- Make sure all Smoke and CO detectors have fresh batteries and are functioning
- Replace or clean the HVAC air filters, reinstall them correctly.
- Clear away anything blocking view of the foundation exterior, and dont store wood against foundation.
- Personal items stored inside should not obscure typically inspected areas or components such as the water heater, HVAC equiptment, Electrical service panels, attics and crawl spaces.
- There should not be any locked and inaccesible areas- Make sure the inspector can get to everything possible.
- Landscaping should be neat and clean, without overhanging tree branches, or shrubs too close to home.
- Any Broken or missing items you find or know of should be replaced before they can end up in a report.
Do these things and you will have a much smoother inspection-
plus your agent will be grateful.